Action oriented self-starter with 8+ years of combined experience in the innovation of creative concepts and design: merging graphic design with written and oral communications into print and digital media.
• Adobe Creative Suite Proficiency
• Graphic Design & Brand Development
• Web & Blog Creation & Basic HTML
• Detail Oriented
• Leadership & Teamwork
• Organized Under Tight Deadlines
• Event Planning
• Program Development & Coordination
Offering unique marketing ideas through my eclectic experiences in product sales, industrial and furniture design, exhibit design and graphic design, I enjoy working within in a team environment.
In addition to 2d and 3d experiences, I help offer a better understanding on how we engage and communicate with products and people with a background in teaching, curriculum development and guest lecturing.
Retail Sales Specialist, Apple Inc.
Novi, MI — Oct. 2009 – Present
Create and develop a series of initiatives to cultivate team camaraderie.
• Design and maintain a blog where co-workers share creative pursuits and events.
• Design and maintain copy of a monthly internal newsletter.
• Revitalization of an internal program offering after-hours sales training.
• Coordination, within a small team, to orchestrate a Talent Show.
Assist in improving day-to-day operations in a team environment of over 100 employees.
• Instruct and facilitate group workshops, classes and private on location training.
• Provide open communication and peer mentorship for seamless hand-offs.
• Heighten consumer knowledge to Mac “OSX” and mobile “iOS” software and hardware.
• Insure brand consistency and customer experience through proper visual standards.
Adjunct Graphic Design Professor, Adrian College
Adrian MI — Aug. 2011 – April 2013
Managed and provided art direction in groups ranging from 6-13 students.
Designed and maintained worksheets posted to proprietary software.
Created and dveloped web blogs and curriculum using Adobe CS Suite Creative Software.
• Creating a Web Site (Dreamweaver, HTML)
• Digital Imaging (Photoshop)
• Graphic Design I (Illustrator / InDesign)
• Graphic Design II (Illustrator/InDesign)
Graphic Designer, Campus Life Department, Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI — June 2006 – May 2009
The University of Michigan Alumni Association limetime member, 2000-present
National Professional Association for Design (AIGA), 2006-present
AIGA Detroit Chapter, Interim Director of Communications, 2011
College Art Association (CAA), 2009-2011
President of the Art Masters Association at Eastern Michigan University (EMU AMA), 2008-2009
President of U of M student chapter Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA), 1999-2000
MFA, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI— Graphic Design (Installation)
Magna Cum Laude
BFA, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI — Industrial Design & Metalwork
Creatives don't stop; marketing, writing, wood work, fine jewelry, metal, sculpture, mixed media, graphics, fibers, painting, photography, floral art and all forms of 2D and 3D are my specialties. I use this media to create installations that transform spaces rather than cover them. I dislike the label "artist" and stop at nothing to avoid "art on walls". Creating is my passion.